Sunday, May 10, 2009

Now I know what you did last summer!

Finally I have a blog. And like all my decisions, this one is backed by solid reasons too. The thing is, my intern is in Hyderabad. At Microsoft, to be precise. Now, on the face of it, I am aiming for a PPO. For the uninitiated, that arcane term stands for a Pre-placement offer - the elixir which makes your last college year slightly more palatable. To be precise (I know I am abusing this phrase , but then I do love to be precise...but I digress), you feel you are watching the IPL decider at the Wanderers, while you are actually watching the Kapili-Dihing Inter-Hostel Hockey Final. (This Blog is *not* like those wonderful books on the Application of Linear Algebra in Computational Fluid Dynamics for Optimization on Parallel Architectures which require absolutely no pre-requisites and are completely tailored towards the layman - it *is* biased towards IIT Guwahati students, so be warned and no lawsuits please). So then, this elixir, with it's wonderful properties and all, is totally desirable, what with a nightmare of a semester that just concluded, but the brutal fact is - it's beyond my reach. Yeah yeah, Nitin Kumar Gupta will have a field day, climbing trees and shouting "Hypocrite! Hypocrite!", but the truth is the truth, and my blog *defines* truth. (Please read that very carefully, because this theme is central to the blog, and will manifest itself in numerous guises. I'll help you - repeat after me "Truth is this Blog, this blog is the Truth, Truth is this blog, This blog is the Truth..."). That being the case, and combined with the fact that I am not going to be getting any lap dances in Amsterdam, or drinking exotic Champagne (with the flavour enhanced by a couple of Ice Cubes :P) in First Class Flights to San Diego, or getting myself snapped below the Effiel Tower with face masks keeping Swine Flu at bay, the summer seems depressingly meaningless. But lo and behold! For I am Gandalf the Gay, and I shall be flirting with Entra Chicks in Hyderabad, and pleading with Indigo airlines Officials to allow me one extra nanogram in check-in luggage, and sharing a room with the great Sanjay "awesome" Ahuja himself. To document my wild adventures, so that I can narrate them to my grand-children, this blog has been born, aptly titled "Now I know what you did Last Summer". (A title which is witty, sardonic and self-deprecatory at the same time..the genius within me keeps springing up surprises). So stay tuned, for the next post (at the thought of which you are already masturbating, I know). Adios!

12 comments:

  1. ultimate post.
    no need to change anything at all.
    keep them unadulterated.
    and yes i am already masturbating thinking about your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. waiting for your next post!seems that you will be a great blogger only if you dont loose interest after writing a couple of posts ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good+luck+with+the+entra+chicks:P

    myspacebarisnotworking:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm ... great blog !!!!

    Except the fact that "Hypocrite Hypocrite: is very apt ... and if truth is the blog, where do our comments fit in???

    Laudatory+Cynical+Argumentative ... :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. yahan pe bhi rona.
    grow up!!
    be happy with ur life and dont crib

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you missing me.

    Hypocrite!! Hypocrite!! Hypocrite!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. U r gifted..simply tremendous wid words..Splendid post! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting... But a post on The Application of Linear Algebra in Computational Fluid Dynamics for Optimization on Parallel Architectures would have been more interesting still...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Mukund Sounds good. What about Improving the DNS layer security by implementation of DNSSEC with RRSIG and DS records at various levels

    ReplyDelete
  11. why do you need an 'entra chick' what about the one chick you already have??????

    ReplyDelete
  12. @chhavi

    now that's one question , whose answer is BUT OBVIOUS. Why just 1, when there is the whole world to be had!!!

    :D :D

    Thanks Kholu, for keeping some excitement alive in this dull intern season

    ReplyDelete